Wednesday, April 18, 2012

FINAL CAS SUMMARY


 Learning Outcomes Achieved? Nature/Location of Evidence
Increased awareness of their own strengths and areas of growth Yes Over the last two years I have learnt a lot about myself as a sportsman, musician, leader. I took part in thinks I have never tried before and learnt a lot in many different fields. One of the main ones was as a striker in football.
SAISA boys football tournament
Undertaken new challenges Yes I took part in so many new activities, some that I did not even know I could do. It was also the first time I have been the leader of a community service group and organized a large event like the Battle of the Bands Battle of the Bands
Planned and initiated activities Yes The Battle of the bands was one of the biggest events I have ever organized. It was my idea to host it and I made many of the major decisions in regard to it. Also being a senior I helped plan activities in various areas like musical performances and training exercises during team practices. During SAISA events held at OSC I was always on the planning committee for the social events etc. SAISA girls football at OSC
Worked collaboratively with others Yes In the last 2 years I have been a part of many teams and committees and have worked extremely well with my peers. I was part of the football and track team and the cleft palate organization for 2 years, many performances like a fashion show, drama productions and musical performances all of which required me to work collaboratively with others. I worked collaboratively with my whole grade during Week Without walls in grade 11
Week Without Walls
Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities Yes I have stayed committed to all the activities that took part in and never left anything incomplete. I was part of the same athletic teams, community service groups and other groups throughout the two years during good times and bad. Especially in football I always had a never say die attitude. SAISA boys football(senior year)
Engaged with issues of global importance Yes My main connection to this was through the community service groups as not only did I lead one but I also took part in events planned by the other groups to help them raise funds for their groups. For example I took part in the events organized by the Hope for Kids group both years.
Charity concert held by Hope for kids in 2010
Considered the ethical implications of their actions Yes While trying to help patients with cleft palate I realized that trying to visit the little children was unethical because there was not much we could do other than just look at them as they were too young for any activities. While representing OSC during SAISA tournaments and outside school I considered the ethical implications of my actions and the effect on the image of my school and therefore never did anything that would ruin our school’s name.
New ways to helps cleft palate patients
Developed new skills Yes I developed many new skills over the last two years. Mainly in the creative and leadership aspect. In music I was just a beginner at the guitar but over the last two years I have learnt so many new things which are enough to put up instrumental performances on stage. Drama was a completely new experience for me and I performed lead roles in the 12th grade productions both years. As for leadership, this was the first time I had been chosen to lead a community service group and an athletic team.
Developing skills in drama and music(improvisation)

No comments:

Post a Comment