Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Goals For 2010-2011

The Creativity, Action and Service programme at the overseas school of colombo is an essential part of the IB diploma which teaches students about our community inside and outside of school and how to work effectively in each community.The CAS programme also helps in developing skills,facing challeneges,making the student aware of the community outside of school who need help which the students can provide.It plays a big role in making the student an all-round achiever.To achieve these objectives of CAS i have prepared a list of goals for me to achieve this year in order to expand my horizons outside of the classroom, which are :

1)Undertake new Activities:
All the three components of CAS make us undertake new challenges and activites on almost a daily basis.The school offers so many facilities for me to try new things i thought i would never do.I plan on trying activites like Boxing which i have never thought of doing before.In the IB orientation camp we were made to climb giant ladders and absail down a 100 foot tower and also rock climb, of which i have never done any before and have never thought of doing either cause of my great fear of heights.Even though doing all these things did not help me get rid of my fear it definitely helped me in controlling my fear of heights and get through these tasks.I look forward to the rest of the year and undertaking new activities each semester.

2)Helping the community:
An integral part of CAS is for us to learn to help our community and provide our service wherever it is needed.Every week we meet after school once in support of various foundations for which we have to raise funds in order to help them.Even though its a short meet , it feels good to be giving back to the society from which we continuosly take.CAS is going to help us learn about the country we are studying and living in which is Sri Lanka.Community Service is a great way for students to help those less fortunate than themselves and try and make a difference in their lives.I have already joint the Cleft palette organisation and i look forward to joining other groups in the other semesters.

3)Learn to work co-operatively with others
CAS helps us come together in groups or teams and partake in activities which may be creativity, action or service related.It helps us build the spirit of teamwork and co-operation.I plan on joining the football team at osc and gain the trust and support of my team-mates.Also our afterschool community service group makes us work together to help a certain cause supported by all in that group.We need to work as a team in order to organize events to raise funds for our organizations.I hope these teach me to work as a team player.

4)Help the SAISA football team to a good position in this years tournament:
As i am new to the school i hope to make an impact in the football team and help the team to a better position than last year in the saisa tournament.i hope to influence the game of the team so that there is more teamwork leading to better performance.

5)Learn to be Creative
I am not really a creative person by nature and have not been very involved in artistic activites in the past.Though i have done plays and dramas in my old school i havent taken the arts as a subject at osc and im counting on CAS to give me the exposure to artistic activities to help me learn to be creative.i do play the guitar so i hope to form a band once i am more settled in school so i hope that is an artistic outlet for me.

6)Enjoy 11th Grade
11th grade is our last school year which has a little less pressure and a little more freedom.I know once i am in the 12th grade i wont have much times to enjoy some of the hobbies and activities i like to take part in now.therefore i plan to enjoy this year to the fullest so that im able to concentrate on studying next year.

Those are my plans for now but i'm sure in another month there will be more or maybe less.Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment