Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SENIOR YEAR!! CAS goals for 2011-2012

2011-12 CAS goals
My last year of high school is finally here! its going to be a really hectic and challenging year but i'm ready to face the challenges. Even though its my last year, and academics are first priority i will still be involved in CAS activities. These are my objectives for the year :

1) Football Team: I hope to make it onto the football team again this year and contribute majorly towards the SAISA boys football tournament. I am already attending after-school football to get myself ready for the tournament which is still months away. I am extremely dedicated to football and take it seriously. I have already attended about 6-8 practice sessions, not having missed a single one. I have also led training sessions when the captain of the team has not been at training.I hope to be a footballer that the younger players can look up to and learn from as a senior. Taking up a role of leadership is a new challenge for me as previously i was one of the important players in the team but was never a leader. I feel more responsible this year and i think i can help the captain take our team to new heights and maybe even win the SAISA boys football tournament. I am working hard on developing my skills as a striker so i can score as many goals as possible and help lead my team to victory.

2) Cleft Palate Organization: This year, i plan to focus a lot more on community service since last year it was inadequate. As the leader of the cleft palate organisation i plan to organize trips to the hospital to meet the affected children and gain knowledge on the problems faced by these children from the doctors there. I also want to spread awareness about this problem among the students and teachers of OSC because the effects of this problem are not well known. Also one of our main goals this year is to raise a sufficient amount of funds so that a few children can get the surgeries that they cant afford. This year we are planning to have a concert in the auditorium to raise these funds. The planning is still in the initial stages and therefore there is not much to write about now.But in coming weeks, as it starts coming together i will post information about our plans. I also plan to create a blog specifically for the Cleft Palate organization which will have weekly updates about our meetings,discussions and plans. This envelops almost all the 8 critical learning outcomes.

3) Guitar : This year i want to develop my guitar skills further and be able to perform on stage more often as well as upload more guitar videos to YouTube to get feedback and non biased opinions. i have shown commitment to playing the guitar as i have self-taught myself almost everything i know about the guitar. I have never given up because of lack of a teacher, actually i prefer learning by myself as it is a challenge and gives me freedom to learn whatever i want. I am also responsible for however good i become in the end as i have had no help from  anyone. It is up to me to keep practicing and to get better at it.

4)Academics: Along with all these different activities i still need to manage my time and keep my grades up as this is the most important year of school. I have to be organized to submit my assignments on time and also have time to revise my lessons. I hope to do well enough to make it into a university with a decent scholarship amount. Keeping that in mind i know that i cannot spend too much time on extra-curricular activities. Therefore i dont plan on trying out too many new activities this year'.

I have a few other goals in mind for this year but they arnt concrete goals yet. i hope to take part in SAISA athletics as i did not get to do that last  year because of malaria. Also i plan on taking part in the drama productions my classmates have to put up for their IB drama grade. I took part in it last year and helped Fillipo with his play. This year too i plan on helping the classmates who ask for my assistance in acting or writing a play. I also hope to form a band this year but that depends on how many other musicians are willing to form a band this year.

These are my goals for senior year. For now it does not look like there will be too many more additions to this list but as the year progresses opportunities might present themselves, and if i do take part then i'll make sure to blog about it.And so senior year begins...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment